Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A Morning Walk (Sarah)

Sometimes I wake up very early.  I sneak out of my bed and put on my shoes.  I tip toe to the door, careful not to wake anyone,  and I go out for a morning walk.

Something about the quiet sounds of morning calms my soul.  I listen intently to the crickets chirping their last song of the morning.  The birds, gathered tightly on the telephone wire, chirp brightly to each other plans for the day.  Geese, lighting on the pond, honk; and the ducks quack between dipping their heads into the water to find their breakfast.
And most glorious of all, the rooster crows.  I don't know what it is about the call of a rooster.  Something about it says, "It's morning.  Everything is all right.  It's going to be a beautiful day!"
I climb higher and higher, anxious to reach the summit; anxious to catch a glimpse of the view I left my bed for.

This morning it's foggy, but that only adds to the beauty.  There is something mysterious about fog.  It covers the ground like a blanket, warming it only until the sun burns hot enough to send it away.
As I begin my descent, I stop to notice the wildflowers.


And maybe I'd better take a photo of the dead snake on the road so we can decide if it's poisonous.  We did, after all, find it's twin in our trunk the other day.  And our garage a few days later.
As I near home, I feel so alive!  There is something so calming, so invigorating about a morning walk. 

As a young mother, I know I need my alone time.  That's pretty hard to come by. 

A morning walk is just what I needed!


5 comments:

  1. So pretty! And pretty words. Invite me next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very poetic, and gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss living in the east. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful pictures, Sarah, you are so talented. No wonder you sneak out of bed in the morning - what a way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, such beautiful pictures. Save a walk for us when we come!
    Dad.

    ReplyDelete