Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pumpkin Bars (by Haley)

When I was a kid I thought that chocolate was the only kind of dessert. Anything else was a fancy muffin or bread. I never craved pastries or pies, unless of course there was chocolate in it. It seemed almost sacrilegious to go out anywhere and not get something chocolate. Chocolate was like another food group. 

However, being married to Greg has changed things for me. Greg LOVES pies, turnovers, cinnamon rolls, pastries and fruity drinks. I know, right? Crazy! I have to admit though, he has convinced me of something that I am not ashamed of and that is pumpkin. ANY dessert with pumpkin in it is good. Think about it: pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!! Today, I am going to introduce to you my husband's famous PUMPKIN BARS!!!


 
You will need: eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and of course a can of pumpkin. 


First, put  all of the wet ingredients together: 4 eggs, 1 cup of vegetable oil, 15 oz. of pumpkin, and 1 2/3 cups of sugar.


Then mix them well!


Get a second bowl and mix all of the dry ingredients: 2 cups of flour, 2 tsp. of baking powder, 1 tsp. of salt, 1 tsp. of baking soda, and 2 tsp. of cinnamon. 


Then mix the dry and the wet ingredients together.


Once all of the ingredients are completely mixed together, spray a cake pan and put the batter in. Put the oven at 350 and then cook the pumpkin bars for 30 minutes.


Pumpkin bars are really great with cream cheese frosting. You can make your own or buy some at the store! Greg makes come great cream cheese frosting (cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla). 


Take the bars out of the oven after about 30 minutes and let them cool. Then frost them with some of that yummy frosting. This is the perfect fall treat and will make your home smell so good! Happy Autumn!

2 comments:

  1. You thought you'd never have any good recipes to post, but you have Greg! Sorry, I'm still of the opinion that chocolate makes it a dessert, so I may put chocolate chips in them, but I'm sure Paul would love them either way. And it's worth it just for the smell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect fall treat Haley! Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe. Can't wait to make it!

    ReplyDelete