Monday, October 14, 2013

Pumpkins

I will try to refrain from my usual rant about "pumpkin patches".  Except for one question: Why do they advertise it as a pumpkin patch?  It's just a barn with pumpkins stacked inside.  That is not a pumpkin patch!

That being said, I do love to see all those beautiful orange pumpkins piled up together.  And I love how my kids get so excited trying to choose the best one.


"Here's one, Mama!"  "No, Baby, you're my pumpkin!"







Trying to decide whether or not to take the pumpkin and run!


These pictures make it look like we only got small pumpkins.  Don't worry, we got some nice carving-sized pumpkins, too!




Pretty fun for a Saturday afternoon outing, "real" pumpkin patch or not!

3 comments:

  1. I agree about the "not a real pumpkin patch" thing, but it is still so much more fun to go somewhere to get pumpkins than buying them at the store - it seems sacrilegious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute picture of you and all your kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really do have some high standards for pumpkin patches. Glad that you were able to find some pumpkins that worked, even though you didn't get to pick them out of the patch yourself. What a good looking family!

    ReplyDelete