Saturday, October 12, 2013

My Very Best Friend

My family will tell you that I don't have a hard time making friends.  I truly have been blessed.  I have moved around a lot and have made some wonderful, wonderful friends.  Some really good girl friends,
BYU

Argentina

BSU

Emmett


SVU

Sisters party

Cassidy!!

SVU

High School

some really good guy friends,
BYU

High School

BSU

Argentina

Argentina

High School and BSU

Mexico

Argentina

High School and Cousin

Cousin

Dillon!!

High School and MTC


SVU

Derek!!

SVU

and we've had some really good times together.
BSU

Horseshoe Bend

BSU

BYU

High School

High School

BYU

BSU

BSU

Argentina

High School

SVU

SVU

SVU

Boise

Argentina

SVU

SVU

SVU

Ecuador

I always promised myself that, when I got married, I wouldn't lose my friends.  I promised myself that I would still go to parties, I wouldn't fall of the face of the earth, and that my husband would be someone who would love to party too.  But then something happened.  I met Adam.
He was so cute and fun to be around.  I found myself not even wanting to be with other people.  I just wanted to be with Adam.  Even though I still liked my friends, and we had most of the same friends, we were happy to be just us.  I had found my new best friend.  

I found this list a while back on Buzzfeed (are you as addicted as we are?) and thought it fit perfectly.  It's called "23 Ways Your Significant Other is Actually Your Best Friend."  I have cut some of them out (so there are actually only 14...)  but I thought it would be fun to put Adam and my relationship to the test!  Here goes:

1. You're incapable of taking a nice photo together.


Granted, we probably could take a nice photo together (because we're both so pretty!), but this is what usually happens.

2.  Your dates look less like this (this is the picture Buzzfeed used):

3. And more like this:

What can I say?  We like to have fun.  We do like to go out and have a nice dinner, but sometimes it's just as fun to play around.

4.  You're usually the best dancers on the floor at weddings.


Granted, this was our own wedding, but it was definitely a party!

5. You pretty much win Halloween every year.
When we started dating it was getting close to Halloween, so we decided we wanted to dress up as a couple.  We finally settled on going as the Obamas.  We stole the show and won the costume contest hands down.

6.  You know it doesn't matter what you look like around them, so you've stopped caring.
Lots of times I'll puff up my cheeks to the point of explosion.  It's not very attractive, but Adam loves me anyway.

7.  If you show up to a party without your significant other, you spend the entire night answering, "Where's your other half?"
So, I don't think I've ever gone to a party without Adam.  I would rather just not go.  But sometimes when I get home and Adam's not there, I wander around the house like a lost puppy, not really knowing what to do with myself.

8.  You have more fun running errands together than most people have on a Saturday night.

If you have to go shopping, you might as well have fun with it, right?

9. Private time is a thing of the past.
Obviously.  

10.  Your wedding photos will probably look like some variation of this:


Our engagement shoots were so fun.  We just like to play.

11.  You may or may not have built an adult pillow fort together (picture from Buzzfeed).
Oh my goodness!!  On the list!!  We will do this soon!

12.  It's sometimes hard for you to complete projects together.

We have a hard time getting to our destinations sometimes because we just get distracted by fun things.

13.  Leaving the house quickly becomes overrated.


Why leave the house when so much fun happens there?

14.  You fantasize about all the shenanigans you're going to get into when you get older.
We already talk about what kind of awesome old people we will be.

Okay that's all I'm going to do.  How do you and your significant other fare?  Are you best friends?

Lots of times we just feel like Todd and Copper on "Fox and the Hound."  I sing this song to Adam sometimes.  "If only the world wouldn't get in the way.  If only people would just let you play."  Adam and I love to play around.  He's so fun!

I love all of my friends, and I'm so happy to have a best friend like Adam.  He's so wonderful.  And I'm absolutely in love with him.
















2 comments:

  1. Too many kissing pictures! Ahhhhhh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've been to a LOT of schools ;) and you've had a ton of friends, but you definitely picked the very best one to be your eternal companion! Great post.

    ReplyDelete