Saturday, September 14, 2013

BUNCO night!! (Sarah)












As a mom of five young kids, it seems like there's  never enough time for me to do anything for myself.  Friendships of the past and present are mostly neglected as they are replaced by homeschool, laundry and soccer duty. 

Except on Bunco Night!

Have you had the chance to play Bunco?

Here are my three favorite things about Bunco:

1.  FOOD.  Girly food!  Bunco is a chance to eat the things your husband and kids may turn their noses up at.  I LOVE Bunco food!  Here's what we had last night:

 Homemade Panini bar anyone?  Mmmmmmm.
 Chips and fresh salsa chock full of cilantro.
Watermelon, cantaloupe and strawberry salad.  Delish!

2.  PRIZES!!!  The way the game works, the 6 top winners (there are 12 players) win prizes.  Who doesn't love prizes?  Here's what we had last night:
 
(the prizes are supposed to be in the $10 range.  Each player contributes $5 to cover the cost of prizes.  I got mine at Gabriel's, but TJ Maxx is my favorite place to go for prizes, Target is also good)

fog machine and black lights--for Halloween!

Halloween cupcake kit

WVU tailgating supplies

super cute wooden wall hanging

Darling glass cutting board and colorful knives (I won this!)

cute birthday wrapping supplies


3.  Can you believe I forgot to take a picture of the girls?  I guess I was having too much fun!  Of course, that's the best part of all-- getting to know a bunch of girls a little better and having a fun time playing a game while you're at it!

Bunco is 100% luck.  I love that.  It's impossible to be "good" or "bad" at Bunco, so you never feel bad at all.  In fact, two of the prizes awarded are "lowest score" and "most losses".  Pretty easy to win once in a while that way!

If you've been feeling like you could really use a girl's night or you want to get to know other women in your community a little better, I highly recommend Bunco as a great way to have fun and spend some quality time with other women.  Try it!  You'll love it!
 

4 comments:

  1. You totally persuaded me to do this. It looks AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! I really like the prizes:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have always made me jealous with your bunco nights. They seem like so much fun!! I'm going to email some friends right now and see who's up for it!

    ReplyDelete