Thursday, November 7, 2013

My THANKimony (by Haley)

November is a time of giving thanks. It's a time to focus on others rather than ourselves. If you look on facebook you will see tons of people devoting this month to writing the things that they are grateful for. The last week and a half I can honestly say has been one of the hardest in my life. I have never felt so down and depressed, however my husband quickly reminded me that we have so much to be grateful for. So, since today is the seventh day of November, I will share seven things that I am grateful for.

1. Faith- I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have that God is near and that He understands all that we are going through. It is so comforting to me to know that I can ALWAYS turn to Him. Prayer is always an option when times get tough.


2. My husband and daughter- I am so grateful for my husband who loves me and takes such good care of me no matter what happens. I am also grateful for my daughter who makes me smile every day, even when I am feeling down.


3. Family- I am so grateful for my family. I love the fact that I have so many siblings. When I go through something hard, or am struggling with something, there is always someone else in the family who has experienced it and can give me advice. It gives me peace and solace to know that they lived through it so I can too.


4. Friends- I am so grateful for friends. Friends who listen. Friends who make me laugh. Friends who are there for me when I need it the most. Friends who act like family when my real family lives so far away.


5. Education- I am grateful for my education. I am thankful I have a college degree and currently use it every day as a mother. 


6. My legs- I am grateful for my legs. So many times in my life when I have gone running, I was able to figure out a difficult problem or just feel happier. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have legs and couldn't go running.


7. My mission to Uruguay- I am so grateful to was able to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Not only did my faith grow stronger, but my confidence in doing hard things as well. I am so thankful for the people I was able to meet and the way that they changed my life forever.


I have only listed seven things that I am grateful for, but stay tuned. The rest of the month I will be posting every Thursday with more. I encourage you to do your own thankimony this month. You will be amazed at how much you have been blessed. My husband was right. I do have so much to be grateful for.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're able to turn your thoughts to gratitude even during hard times. I was in such a bad mood the other day and everything had gone wrong, but then I started listing off all my blessings and felt a lot better after. I'm thankful for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so great Haley. I'm sorry you went through so much this month, but I love how trials really help us focus on what is most important. Thanks for giving the challenge for all of us to do that. Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete