Thursday, January 9, 2014

Thimble (by Haley)

One of my all time favorite games is the game Thimble. Since I was taught how to play this game at a young age, it's been my favorite for a while. What has surprised me throughout my life is how many people have never heard of this game or know how to play it. This game is perfect for a family night, a game night with friends, or even on a group date in order to break the ice. You may not know this about me, but before I decided to be a stay-at-home mom, I taught elementary school for five years. So I know for a fact that even little kids like this game!

Things you need for this game: a glass of water, a thimble, paper, and pencil.

1. Have everyone get in a circle. Invite one person to be 'it'. Have the person that is it choose a category and announce it to the group. For example they might choose: months of the year or candy bars or Disney cartoons.


2. The person who is it then chooses something out of the category chosen and writes it on the paper so no one else can see it. For example, if the category chosen was months of the year, they might write down June


3. Each person in the group must also think of something that goes in the category, without telling anyone. The object of the game is to not say the word that the person who is it has written down on the piece of paper.


4. The person who is it then fills the thimble with water by dipping it in the glass of water and then walks around the circle. When the person who is it approaches each person in the circle, they must say the word they chose from they category. No repeats allowed, so if someone else says your word before you, you must choose a different one!


5. When someone in the group says the word that is written on the paper, the thimble of water is poured on them. Then that person gets to be 'it' and have a turn.


6. You don't really keep score for this game, it's just fun. Also, if you end up going around the circle more than twice, you may want to choose a different category with less options.


You can thank me later!

1 comment:

  1. I forgot about this game - it's really fun! Thanks for writing it up:)

    ReplyDelete