Thursday, January 2, 2014

"The Future is as Bright as Your Faith" (by Haley)

Throughout life we all get those little pick-me-ups that get us through dark times or particularly hard moments. Maybe your pick-me-up is a special song or something chocolate or a book or a certain friend. For me it is a quote from our current prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. I guess the reason I like this particular quote so much is because it applies to life at any stage you may be in. He says: 

I testify to you that our promised blessings are beyond measure. Though
 the storm clouds may gather, though the rains may pour down upon us,
our knowledge of the gospel and our love of our Heavenly Father and of 
our Savior will comfort and sustain us and bring joy to our hearts as we walk
uprightly and keep the commandments. 

I love this part of the quote because he explains hard times in such a vivid way to me. I hate getting my hair and clothes wet in the rain. When He mentions that the Savior will comfort us, I invision His bright warm sunshine comforting me from the cold rain. But this is my very favorite part of his quote:

There will be nothing in this world that can defeat us. My beloved 
brothers and sisters, fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as
bright as your faith.
-"Be of Good Cheer", April 2009 General Conference

I love that last part. The future is as bright as your faith. It is up to us. With strong faith you never need to worry or fear about life. That's what the gospel is all about. Listen to the words of Elder Jeffrey R. Holland in the following video:


Elder Holland says, "There is help and happiness ahead.Some blessings come soon. Some come late and some don't come until heaven, but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come. It will be alright in the end." Your future is as bright as your faith. 

2 comments:

  1. You're right, this is good for every stage of life. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always inspiring. I'm glad you shared this. Thanks Haley!

    ReplyDelete