Thursday, February 6, 2014

An Amazing Valentine Treat (by Haley)


I have a confession to make. I have an obsession. I think that I'm a Dairy Queen-oholic. Seriously. I LOVE their ice cream, especially their blizzards. When I have had a bad day or when it's a day to celebrate, there is no question...we're going to Dairy Queen! As Dairy Queen says, "So delicious, it's sure to be love at first bite."

Yesterday we went to Dairy Queen. The guy at the cash register told us we should try the blizzard flavor of the month. He said, once you try some you won't be able to stop. He was right. All I can say is WOW! Red velvet cake bits with cream cheese frosting mixed into vanilla ice cream never tasted so good. It was amazing! My husband was really jealous he didn't get the same flavor as me. 

I realize that this is an expensive addiction. So, I decided to experiment and make my very own red velvet blizzard at home. Here is what I did:

1. First I bought: vanilla ice cream, a red velvet cake mix, and some cream cheese frosting.


2. Then I made the red velvet cake and cut it up into little pieces. I put the cut up pieces in a tupperware and put them in the freezer. I left them in the freezer for about an hour.

 3. Then I got out my blender to mix the ice cream a little.


 4. I generously added some cream cheese frosting and then blended it with the ice cream.

 5. Then I got the red velvet cake bits out of the freezer and added them to the mix.

 6. I turned the blender on and mixed them all together. I poured it all in a cup.


7. I put the delicious red velvet cake bits on top and tried my first bite...

Well, you're gonna have to try it to believe it, but I think it tasted better than Dairy Queen! Looks like my addiction just got a lot cheaper!

***WARNING: If you're trying to loose weight, do not try this blizzard!***

2 comments: